The High court of Judicature at Hyderabad has issued a notification inviting application for job of Civil Judges (Junior Division) on behalf of both states of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh. As the state judiciary of the two states has not been split. The selected candidates will be stationed in both stated as per decision of the high court and provisions of A.P. Reorganization act, 2014.
Recruitment of Civil Judges (Junior Division) in Telangana & Andhra Pradesh |
Synopsis of Posts |
Name of post- Civil Judges Cadre (Junior Division) in State Judicial Services
Number of posts- 53 posts out of which 43 are under Direct Recruitment and 10 are under recruitment by transfer.
Recruitment Mode- Direct Mode Recruitment & Recruitment by Transfer.
Qualification Criteria |
- The certificated issued under A.P. State Judicial Service Rules 2007 is must for eligibility of candidates.
- A bachelor’s degree in law is must for direct recruitment candidates which must be issued by a University in India established by Law.
- A candidate must be citizen of India, not have been convicted in any offence involving moral turpitude.
Age limit |
- The candidates must be below 35 years of age to be qualified for the above post.
- The age shall be calculated as on February 01, 2016.
- The relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit is available to candidates from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Backward classes.
- And other relaxations are available to differently able persons.
Selection Procedure |
- There will be a screening test if the number of application exceeds 10 times the number of vacancies, which will be objective in form. The screening test marks will not be included in marks obtained in further recruitment exams.
- Further there will be a written examination which will carry 80 marks. The exam will be to check academic knowledge and proficiency of applicants in Substantive Laws (viz. Indian Contract Act, Hindu Marriage act, Indian Penal Code among others) and Procedural Laws (Vide Licet Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Evidence Act and others)
- Then a viva voce test will be conducted which will carry 20 marks. It is to check communication skills, tact and ability to handle various situations in court.
How to apply |
- Make a demand draft of appropriate fees (Rs. 300 or Rs. 100) in favor of Registrar (Recruitment), High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad, payable at
- Submit the duly filled application form at the offices of Principal District Judges of concerned Districts where applicants reside.
For further information download the notification no 36/2016-RC, Dated 16.08.2016.
Thanks for visiting