Odisha Public Service Commission has requested online applications for recruitment of 21 candidates for the various posts in Transport Department of the State. This is a good opportunity for engineering people. So stop waiting and go to online application portal of OPSC and capitalize the opportunity.
OPSC Recruitment for Motor Vehicle Inspector | OPSC Recruitment 2016 for MVI |
Synopsis of Post |
Name of Post |
- Inspector of Motor Vehicle/
- Additional R.T.O. (Enforcement)/
- Assistant Works Engineer
In Group-B of OTES under Commerce and Transport (Transport) Department.
Number of Posts- There are 21 posts of above description and out of which 7 are reserved for women of different reserved classes. And 12 seats are for Un-reserved class students.
Age Limit |
- The candidates must be younger than 32 years and older than 21 years of age.
- The concession of 5 years in upper age is available to specific reserved categories.
Emoluments or Salary |
- The basic pay is in the band of Rs. 9,300- Rs. 34,800.
- There will be a graded pay of Rs. 4600.
- And usual Dearness allowance and other perks as per Govt. of Odisha prescription.
Eligibility Norms |
- A citizen of India
- The candidates must be able to speak, read and write Odia and have passed a test in Odia language equivalent to Middle English School Standard.
- The candidates must have a degree in Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with Automobile Engineering as a subject
- The candidates must possess a drivers’ permit to drive a Transport Vehicle.
Application Fee |
- A non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs. 300 is prescribed for application deposition.
- The SC/ ST candidates of Odisha are exempted from payment of this fee.
Selection Procedure |
- The selection will be done through a written test weighing 100 marks.
- The written test will be followed by Viva Voce test which will have carry 15 marks.
Venue of Examination |
The written examination will be conducted at Cuttack.
How to apply for above mentioned post |
- Before filling you are advised to go through the official advertisement of the vacancies.
- The application form will be filled online on website of Commission named opsconline.gov.in
- Upload the scanned image of latest passport size photo, sign, and Left Thumb Impression.
- Then submit the final filled form and take a print out for future correspondence and print the online challan (Pay-In-Slip) for payment of above stated fees through any branch of State Bank Of India (SBI).
Important Dates |
Application start date Aug 06, 2016
Application close date (Last date of application) Sept 07, 2016.