Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct the combined graduation level exam from 27 August 2016 in each state. Recently our website is providing the previous year solved papers. In our previous publication we have provided the previous paper of General Intelligence and Reasoning. the solutions of paper we will published later in our next publication. user can check their preparition with us. the solution key wil be avaliable soon. Best of luck
for candidates who are appearing in CGL 2016 Exam.
Part B :- General Awareness
- Man Booker Prize for 2014 is awarded to
- Amrita Pritam (B) Richard Flanagan (C) Lech Walesa (D) Shashi Tharoor
- The Indian Constitution provides the country with three categories of Civil Services, namely
- Administrative, Police, and Revenue Services
- Administrative, Police, and Foreign Services
- All India, Central, and State Services
- Administrative, Railway, and Police Services
- A person can jump higher on the Moon’s surface than on the Earth because
- The acceleration due to gravity in Moon is smaller than that on the Earth.
- The Moon has no atmosphere.
- The Moon’s surface is rough.
- The Moon is cooler than Earth.
- The purpose of choke in a fluorescent lamp is
- To decrease the current flow.
- To decrease the voltage momentarily.
- To decrease the resistance.
- To increase the current flow.
- Who of the following became a member of the “Din-i-Ilahai”?
- Raja Man Singh (B) Todarmal (C) Tansen (D) Raja Birbal
- When income increases, consumption also increases
- In the same proportion.
- In a lower Proportion.
- In a higher proportion.
- None of these above.
- The apparent weight of a man in a lift is less than the real weight when
- The lift is going up with uniform speed
- The lift is going down with an acceleration
- The lift is going down with uniform speed
- The lift is going up with an acceleration
- The National Police Academy is located at
- Abu Road (B) Hyderabad (C) Bengaluru (D) Dehradun
- The Thirteenth Pravasi Bhartiya Divas was held on 8th and 9th Jan, 2015 at
- New Delhi (B) Gandhinagar (C) Bengaluru (D) Indore
- Which of the following is not correct about Mahatma Gandhi?
- Gandhi believed in the sanctity of means.
- Gandhi believed in non-violence.
- Gandhi advocated complete separation of politics from religion.
- Gandhi supported close relation between religion and politics.
- Catalytic converters are generally made from
- Carbon (B) Alkaline metals (C) Transition metals (D) Hydrogen
- In the case of deadlock between the two houses of the Parliament, he joint sitting is presided over by the
- Senior most member of Lok Sabha
- Speaker of Lok Sabha
- What is Amnesty International?
- A Peace Movement
- An environment Protection Organization
- A Human Rights Organization
- An Animal Rights protection Organization
- In a database management System (DBMS), the content and the location of the data is defined by the…..
- Sub-data (B) Multi dimensional data (C) Meta data (D) Sequence data
- Which of the following comes under the jurisdiction of both the High Court and the Supreme Court?
- Disputes between the States
- Protection of Fundamental Rights
- Disputes between Centre and the States
- Protection against the violation of the Constitution
- Rotation of crops is essential
- For getting different kinds of crops
- For increasing fertility of the soil
- For increasing the quantity of minerals
- For decreasing the quantity of proteins
- In mountainous areas a natural cause for road blocks is often
- Road repairs and construction
- Traffic congestion
- Land slides
- Tree felling
- The difference in the value of visible exports and visible imports is called
- Balance of account
- Balance of payments
- Balance of trade
- Balance sheet of items
- Headquarter of European Union (EU) is situated in
- Brussels (Belgium)
- Milan (Italy)
- Munich (Germany)
- Paris (France)
- Addition of excessive amounts of heat to a lake is referred to as
- Green house effect
- Refrigeration effect
- Heat bloom
- Thermal pollution
- Which of the following country has longest overland tunnel?
- France (B) Switzerland (C) Germany (D) Spain
- What according to Communism is the chief enemy of the society?
- Surplus value
- Private property
- Capitalist class
- The soft silvery metallic element which ionizes easily when heated or exposed to light and is present in atomic clocks is
- Calcium (B) Cesium (C) Cerium (D) Californium
- The author of the book “Zest for Life” is
- Emile Zola (B) Virginia Wolf (C) HG Wells (D) Mark Twain
- Which one of the following is an indigenously built light combat aircraft of India?
- Vikrant (B) Arjun (C) Akash (D) Tejas
- Movement of people from a village to a small town and later to a city is known as
- Inter-state migration
- Intra-state migration
- Stepwise migration
- Forced migration
- The only AICC session Gandhiji presided was held at
- Lahore (B) Calcutta (C) Madras (D) Belgaum
- Which of the following is not a feature of indifference curve?
- They do not intersect each other
- They slope downwards to the right
- They are concave to each other
- They are parallel to each other
- The substrate of photorespiration is
- Pyruvic acid (B) Glucose (C) Fructose (D) Glycolate
- Which one of the following is the infective stage of the Malarial Parasite?
- Trophozoite (B) Sporozoite (C) Schigozoite (D) Sporoblast
- Match the following.
(First in the world)
A B C D A B C D
- 2 1 3 4 (B) 3 4 2 1
(C) 1 3 4 2 (D) 4 2 1 3
- Who was the Nawab of Bengal during “Battle of Plassey”?
- Siraj-ud-duala (B) Mir Qasin (C) Mir Jafar (D) None of the above
- Match the following.
|List I||List II|
D. Rust of wheat
|1. Plant disease
2. Photosynthetic pigment
4. Loss of water from plant surface
A B C D A B C D
- 4 3 1 2 (B) 2 4 3 1
(C) 2 3 4 1 (D) 3 4 2 1
- “Wall street” is the name of the
- Stock Exchange of New York
- Stock Exchange of Kolkata
- Super Market in Mumbai
- Indian Township in Washington
- Which one of these animals is jawless?
- Shark (B) Myxine (C) Trygon (D) Sphyrna
- Which of the following refers to the white salt which covers the land in some areas during dry season?
- Reg (B) Reh (C) Erg (D) Usar
- Jaspal Rana is the name associated with which of the following games?
- Weight lifting (B) Boxing (C) Shooting (D) Archery
- The mercury and sodium street lamps light up because of
- Atomic absorption
- Atomic emission
- Electron absorption
- Electron emission
- From the national point of view which of the following indicates Micro Approach?
- Inflation in India
- Educated Unemployment in India
- Study of sales of TISCO
- Per capita income in India
- Competition for food, light and space is most severe in
- Closely related species growing in the same area or niche
- Distantly related species growing in different habitats
- Distantly related species growing in the same habitats
- Closely related species growing in different habitats
- The green colour seen in firework displays is due to the chloride salt of
- Strontium (B) Barium (C) Sodium (D) Calcium
- The remedies to soil erosion are
- Contour bunding
- Regulation of land use
- Cutting of trees
- Allowing grazing of animals
- I, III (B) I, II (C) III, IV (D) II, III
- Kautilya’s “Arthashastra” mainly deals with……
- Economic doctrines
- Social aspects
- Political state crafts
- Military aspects
- Ecosystem consists of
- A biotic community and its non-living elements
- A population and its non-living elements
- A biotic community
- Afla toxins are produced by
- Bacteria (B) Fungi (C) Viruses (D) Algae
- Rainbows are produced when sunlight
- Incident on rain drops hanging in the atmosphere is dispersed after suffering refraction
- Incident on rain drops hanging in the atmosphere is dispersed after suffering reflection
- Incident on rain drops hanging in the atmosphere is dispersed after suffering refraction and internal reflection
- None of the given statements is correct.
- The First Sultan of Delhi to issue regular currency and declare Delhi as the capital of his empire was
- Balban (B) Alam Shah (C) Qutbuddin Aibak (D) Iltutmish
- What is the speciality of WINDOWS-NT?
- Supports LAN and WAN
- Supports real-time processing
- Supports batch processing
- Supports multi-processing
- One of the regions that receives rainfall from the North-Easterly monsoon is
- Kerala (B) Paschim Banga (C) Asom (D)Tamil Nadu
- B-diversity is also known as
- Ecosystem diversity
- Between habitat diversity
- Within habitat diversity
- Global diversity