FRI Dehradun PH.D Entrance Test 2016 |FRI Dehradun PH.D Forestry Entrance Test 2016 |Forest Research Institute Dehradun Ph.D Admission 2016 | Apply For Fri Dehradun Ph.D Admission 2016 @ http://fri.icfre.gov.in/
Forest Research Institute, Dehradun released notification or Forest Research Institute, Dehradun Ph.D Admission Notification 2016 or FRI Dehradun PhD Admission 2016 on 08-04-2016 for admission of candidates in Ph.D programme in Forestry or doctorate programme.
For this FRI Dehradun will conduct FRI Dehradun Ph.D Forestry Entrance Test 2016 on 3 July 2016. All the candidates who fufill the eligibility criteria and are interested for registering themselves as research scholar for the Ph.D. Degree in Forestry in Forest Research Institute (Deemed) University, Dehradun can apply in prescribed format before 20th May 2016.
Official Website: http://fri.icfre.gov.in/
FRI Dehradun Ph.D Forestry Entrance Test Exam Date 2016: 3 July 2016 |
Number of vacancies as per Research Centers |
- Forest Research Institute, Dehradun : 57
- Institute of Forest Genetics & Tree Breeding, Coimbatore : 17
- Institute of Forest Productivity, Ranchi : 13
- Kerala Forest Research Institute, Kerala : 23
- Himalayan Forest Research Institute, Shimla : 06
- Arid Forest Research Institute, Jodhpur : 12
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun : 10
- Tropical Forest Research Institute, Jabalpur : 12
- Institute of Wood Science and Technology, Bangalore : 10
- Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal : 18
- Rain Forest Research Institute, Jorhat, Assam : 18
- Wildlife Institute of India Dehradun : 12
- Institute of Forest Biodiversity, Hyderabad : 04
FRI Dehradun Ph.D Forestry Entrance Exam Paper Pattern |
- There will be two sections, section A and section B.
- Section A is further subdivided into 3 subsections which are General Awareness, General English and Research Aptitude. There will be 25 question from each section of General Awareness & General English and 30 questions from Research Aptitude.
- Section B will be of Basic& Applied Sciences. It is also further subdivided into various sections. There will be questions based on subsections as Forestry, Agriculture, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Wood Science & technology and Candidates will have to attempt any two sections. Each section will be of 60 marks so in total section B will be of 120 marks.
Selection Process: candidates will be selected on the basis of entrance exam and interview.
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must have done master’s degree or its equivalent with 55% (SC/ST: 50%)from any recognized university approved by F.R.I University.
How to apply: Candidates can apply in prescribed form available on official website with a fee of Rs.1000/- through Bank Draft in favour of Registrar, FRI (Deemed) University, Dehradun.
Application Fee: Rs 1000/
Candidates have to send application fee through Bank Draft in favour of Registrar, FRI (Deemed) University, Dehradun
Last date for applying: 20 May 2016-05-12
FRI Dehradun Ph.D Forestry Entrance Exam Syllabus |
- Life Sciences: Candidates have to prepare topics and subtopics under Molecules and their interaction relevant to biology, cellular organization, fundamental processes, cell communication and signalling, developmental biology
- Physics: Candidates have to prepare topics and subtopics under Mathematical Methods of Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics etc.
- Chemistry: Candidates have to prepare topics and subtopics under Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Interdisciplinary topics etc.
- Agriculture: Candidates have to prepare topics and subtopics under Cropping pattern in different agro-climatic zones,Weeds, Processes and factors of soil formation, Soil conservation planning on watershed basis, Physiology and its significance in agriculture, cell theory etc.
- Mathematics: Candidates have to prepare topics and subtopics under Elementary set theory, Vector spaces, Algebra of complex numbers, Permutations, combinations, Lagrange and Charpit methods, Sample space, discrete probability, Standard discrete and continuous univariate distributions, Programming and programming language concepts, C Programming, System analysis, feasibility study, DBMS etc.
- Forestry: Candidates have to prepare topics and subtopics under Silvicultural, Agroforestry, Social Forestry, Joint Forest Management,Forest Soils, Soil Conservation and Watershed management,Environmental Conservation and Biodiversity,Tree Improvement and Seed Technology etc.
- Environment Science: Candidates have to prepare topics and subtopics under Environment Physics and Biogeochemistry, Natural Resource Conservation and Management, Foundation Course in Ecology and Environment Management, Disaster Management, Global Climatic Changes etc.
- Wood Science & Technology: Candidates have to prepare topics and subtopics under Physical properties of wood, Thermal properties of wood-thermal expansion, wood water relationship, wood chemistry etc
- Pulp and Paper Technology: Candidates have to prepare topics and subtopics under Forestry,pulp technology, raw material preparation, mechanical & electrical engineering etc.
For detailed syllabus click the link given below:
For detailed advertisement, click the link given below: