Junior Telecom Officers(JTO) Recruitment in MTNL(A Govt. Of India Enterprise) through Gate 2015 |
MTNL has published notification (Advt. No. MTNL/R&E/1(145)/2015/E2) dated 24-02-2016 for direct recruitment of 66 Junior Telecom Officers(JTO) through GATE 2015 score. Other details like selection process and how to apply are given below.
About Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited(MTNL) |
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited(MTNL) is a state-owned telecommunications service provider in the metro cities of Mumbai and New Delhi of India and in the island nation of Mauritius in Africa. MTNL is a blue chip Navaratna Public Sector Enterprise. MTNL provides services in Nepal through joint venture United Telecom Limited and in Mauritius through wholly owned subsidiary MTML.
Name of posts and number of vacancies |
1. Junior Telecom Officer(Telecom):59 posts (out of 59 posts 01 post is reserved for PWD (only VH type disability))
2. Junior Telecom Officer(Electrical):05 posts (out of 05 posts 01 post is reserved for PWD (only HH type disability))
3. Junior Telecom Officer(Civil):02 posts
Qualifications Criteria for Junior Telecom |
1. Junior Telecom Officer(Telecom): Candidate must have full time degree in Electronics/and Telecommunications/Computer Science and IT (B.E/B.Tech/or equivalent Engineering).
2. Junior Telecom Officer(Electrical): Candidate must have full time degree in Electrical Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/or equivalent Engineering).
3. Junior Telecom Officer(Civil): Candidate must have full time degree in Civil Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/or equivalent Engineering).
Candidate’s age must be between 21 to 30 years as on 21-03-2016. Reservation in upper age limit:
OBC(non creamy layer): 3 years
SC/ST/ Ex-Servicemen Candidates: 5years
PWD (GEN) Candidates: 10 years
PWD (OBC (NCL) ) Candidates: 13 years
PWD (SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen) Candidates: 15 years
GATE 2015 score-
Only those candidates who have qualified GATE 2015 exam are eligible to apply. On the basis of GATE2015 score candidates will be shortlisted and then they will be called for document verification process. Candidates will be given appointment after successful verification of documents. For this recruitment GATE 2015 score will be considered.
Health Medical Fitness- Before joining, medical test will be done of each candidate as per MTNL norms.
Qualifying Score: Minimum percentage of marks for each category in qualifying exam is as follows-
1. Junior Telecom Officer(Telecom):
2. Junior Telecom Officer(Electrical):
3. Junior Telecom Officer(Civil):
Paper Code for each post:
1. JTO(Telecom): EC/CS
2. JTO(Electrical): EE
3. JTO(Civil): CE
Pay Scale: Candidates will be given stipend of Rs.17000/- per month during training period and after training candidates will be given pay scale of Rs.20600 – Rs.46500/- + DA+ HRA+ housing and other benefits.
Application Fee: Fee can be paid either offline/online
GEN/OBC: Rs. 1000/-
SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500/-
Documents to carry for document verification: Candidates are required to carry original ID slip generated during online application, GATE 2015 scorecard(original), 10th class certificate as date-of-birth proof, other educational certificates/marksheets, caste proof, documents pertaining to ex-servicemen.
Start date for Online Application: 24-02-2016
Last date for Online Application: 21-03-2016