Recruitment Of Medical Officers ( On Part-Time Contract Basis ) in Life Insurance Corporation Of India |
Life Insurance Corporation recruitment of Medical Officers: LIC has published notification for appointment of Medical Officers on Part-Time Contractual Basis at the Underwriting & Reinsurance Department of the Central Office of Life Insurance Corporation of India situated at “Yogakshema”, Jeevan Bima Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021. Other information like selection process & how to apply are given below.
Number of Posts: 02
Age Limit: 36 to 55 years.
Qualification and experience for medical Officers recruitment in LIC:-
Candidate must have done post graduation in Cardiology or Medicine + experience in Cardiology + 5 years teaching experience / practice + knowledge of computer.
Period of Appointment and duty hours: Candidate will be appointed on a part –time contract basis for a period of three years which can be renewed at the discretion of the Corporation depending upon performance, health etc. of the candidate at the time of renewal of contract but in any case contract period will not extend beyond the age of 60 years of the candidate. The appointment can be terminated by either party giving 3 month’s notice to the candidate. Candidates will have to complete atleast four hours of duty on each working day.
Work profile for LIC recruitment 2016 |
- Candidate will have to give opinion on cases received for new proposals/revivals/claim cases and employee health benefit cases.
- Candidate will have to guide and advise the Underwriting & Reinsurance Department of Central Office in the matter of sub-standard lives.
- Candidate will have to conduct quality analysis of the opinion given on ECGs /TMTs & other prescribed cardiac investigations by the Divisional/Zonal Medical Referees.
- Candidate will properly assess the cases in view of increasing competition, awareness and expectations of the consumer.
- Candidate will have to make suitable programs and participate in underwriting seminars held periodically, helping in planning and conducting various medico actuarial studies as and when needed.
- Candidate will give Medical opinion online through computer.
Leave given: Candidates can take 15 days casual leave in a year but will not be allowed to take more than 6 days casual leave at a time. Candidates will be given privileged leave of 15 days on completion of each year of service.
Salary: Candidates will be given Rs. 65,805/- per month in first year and Rs. 68,105/- per month in second year and Rs. 70,405/- per month in third year. The Medical Officer shall be entitled for Rs135/- for medical opinion per case(First reference) and Rs 65/- per case for resubmission .
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of qualifications, experience and performance in interview. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in Insurance Industry.
How to apply: Eligible candidates can submit their applications as per the proforma (link given below ) in a sealed envelope along with copies of certificates showing date of birth, qualifications and experience. Applications must reach the office on or before 15-03-2016.
Last Date for Receipt of Applications:15 March 2016.
Open the link given below to download proforma:
About Life Insurance Corporation: The Life Insurance Corporation of India was founded in 1956 when the Parliament of India passed the Life Insurance of India Act that nationalised the private insurance industry in India. Over 245 insurance companies and provident societies were merged to create the state owne. Life Insurance Corporation. Life Insurance Corporation (India) (LIC) is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment company headquartered in Mumbai. It is the largest insurance company in India with an estimated asset value of INR 1560482 crore (US$230 billion)